Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Hula Kahiko of Laka, One Billion Rising: A Daily Artist Challenge, Day 12

I'm a big believer in synchronicity and the power of Here. Now.  That's part of why I started the One Billion Rising Daily Artist Challenge.

So I was excited when the day job I interviewed for is right where One Billion Rising Dothan will be happening.  But I knew it was meant to be when the gentleman interviewing me was born in the same hospital that I was.  

Now I know you're thinking, "So what?  People are born in the same hospital all the time."  And that's true enough...but what are the chances of two people who were born in the pink hospital on Oahu, Hawaii would both be in the wiregrass area of southeast Alabama?  Pretty unlikely, huh?!

And this morning, as I walked into work, I got to walk past this:


I was grinning so big!  ((:  Two days from now, this is how I'll be spending my lunch hour!  I'm getting so excited!!

And in honor of part of how that's come about, I'm also celebrating a part of my ethnicity:

'The Hula Kahiko of Laka'.  9" x 12" Acrylic and Sepia Pen and Ink on Watercolor paper.
Prints and other merchandise available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/The-Hula-Kahiko-of-Laka
Laka is the Polynesian goddess of the hula.  And hula kahiko is the traditional form of hula.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!