Monday, February 4, 2013

Yemaja, One Billion Rising: A Daily Artist Challenge Day 4

If you would like to join me in the One Billion Rising: A Daily Artist Challenge, you are always welcome to join (:

Check out the introduction here.

I've decided to find my muses through the world's dance and feminine spirituality.  For me, today's inspiration comes from the Yoruba of Nigeria.

'Yemaja'.  9" x 12" Acrylic and Sepia Pen and Ink on Watercolor Paper.
Available for purchase as prints and other merchadise at http://society6.com/JaninWise/Yemaja-Mug
Yemaja is the protective energy of the feminine force, considered the Mother and protector of Waters, and the symbol of motherhood.  She's also celebrated in many other parts of the world, including South America and Cuba.


Have you found your local One Billion Rising event yet?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!