Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Countdown, Day 2

Doing a new painting each day for the seven days leading up to Easter, I've started a new short holiday based series.

Each piece is designed and hand painted on a hymn, chosen to reflect the theme.

For Tuesday's piece, I decided I wanted to play with negative space and evoke the feeling of pysanky, the traditional Ukranian wax-resist method of decorating Easter eggs.

I chose the hymn, "The First Song I Sing" as the background for my spring chick.

'Easter chick'. 5 1/4" x 7 3/4". Acrylic on hymn.

Original for sale $65 includes shipping to the US via USPS Priority Mail with tracking and insurance.

Prints and other merchandise available for purchase at http://society6.com/JaninWise/Easter-Chick-vyf_Print



Interested in commissioning your own piece?   Just send me a message  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!