Friday, March 22, 2013

The "Surprise Me!" Commission



I've decided to call it the "Surprise Me!" Commission.


No hints or themes are allowed-- It's not in the gist of -this- particular offer, as part of the thrill is I don't know how much you're sending and you don't know what you're getting!

I have to admit, part of what I love about it is that it reminds me of my yearly Artistic Pay It Forwards (that have resulted in everything from ceramics, drawings, paintings, historically based illuminations and original prints to bookmarks, hairsticks, hair falls, and coasters) but with a MUCH shorter time line, opening it up to everyone, and the added bonus of me getting paid (:

I've already got my first two surprise me commissions!  I'm excited to see what ends up being made (:

So if you're interested in getting your own surprise commission, message me for details and we'll see what I create for you!

Of course, if you're interested in traditional commissions, I have a couple of options for those as well.  Just click the highlight for an original painting on dictionary page or an original painting on sheet music.

Oh!!  By the way, I've got a contest running now that can get you a FREE commission!  I'm calling it my '350 Likes Contest'.  You have to be a member of facebook to participate.


I’d like for my page to reach 350 likes and I’m giving away a commission valued between $65 and $130 to get there!

THERE’S ONLY –ONE- STEP TO ENTER (and two steps to help us get there faster!)
LIKE my Wise Ramblings: The Art of Janin Wise PAGE (not just this post, if you have already liked my page in the past then you are good to go!)

To help us reach 350 likes faster, SHARE this contest post (of course feel free to add any babble about how insanely fabulous and desirable these artworks are!), and COMMENT on this post… or any of my posts! Take a stroll through my portfolio and see if anything strikes your fancy (besides, it’ll give you a better feel for my styles!). Take a gander through my shares and posts—it’s a mixed bag of blogs, humor, art, crafts, other artists/crafters, dancers, music, beautiful science and history (;

Winner will be announced on my page shortly after 350 likes have been reached. Please - PLEASE - make sure to come back and check! I don’t want my winner MIA (after all, I can’t start your commission without YOU!)

The winner MUST contact me to within 7 days of the page reaching 350 likes or I will draw again.

The winner may choose any commission within these parameters:

1. BACKGROUND: sheet music, dictionary page or white paper up to 9” x 12” in size.
2. STYLE: my “zentangley ethnic/oriental” (like the top and middle pictures), slightly more realistic (like the bottom left), silhouette—largely black and white (like the bottom right), or acrylic wash with simple pen and ink (like my One Billion Rising dancers (not pictured).
3.THEME: An animal with something else, an animal all by itself, or a person with something else or alone (just as an example this can be your favorite sports team, your favorite animal, even interpreting a picture of your favorite pet or your favorite child) done in one of the styles above.
4.FREE SHIPPING with insurance for the estimated value of your piece to anywhere in the world (though if you’re outside of the United States and your country has duties or the like—that’s on you).
5.IMPORTANT TERMS: You will receive the 1 free original piece crafted to the above specifications and created by me, but I retain the rights to the artwork created and will likely list it as available for prints and other merchandise at my society6 store.

So check my page often as we count up to 350 - and make sure to check AFTER it reaches 350!!!

GOOD LUCK! And may the odds ever be in your favor...

While you are patiently waiting for my page to reach 350 likes, feel free to wander about my etsy store:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JaninWiseRamblings

Or my society6 store:

http://society6.com/JaninWise

**This give away is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.**



WHEW!  Okay, that's enough for a single blog post (;  Now off to make art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!