Monday, April 1, 2013

"SOLD" Amazing Grace, 350 Likes, and a Winner!

'Carrier of Hope'. 8.5" x 11" Acrylic painting on "Amazing Grace" sheet music.


Prints and other merchandise available here.

On my facebook page Wise Ramblings: The Art of Janin Wise, I wanted to reach a milestone of 350 likes.  So I offered a contest to help me reach it.  The winner would get 1 free commission of their choice.

And last Thursday, I reached my first milestone!

To pick a winner I randomly selected a number.  It turned out to be 38.  So I chose the person 38th from the top of the list and announced my winner.

She had one week to contact me.

She contacted me within 10 minutes (:

Through a series of brief email exchanges, I discovered she lives locally.  And we discussed her commission.  She wanted "Amazing Grace".  We decided on wisteria and a hummingbird.  And today, I finished, "Carrier of Hope".


As a piece on one of the most moving and inspirational of music, I did some research on the meaning of hummingbirds.  They actually show up in several Native American and South American tales, but the story that resonated with me for this piece appears to have come from a printing company.

"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. Like a hummingbird, we aspire to hover and savor each moment as it passes, embrace all that life has to offer and to celebrate the joy of everyday. The hummingbird’s delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life’s sweetest creation.” - Papyrus

I will be sending it off to its new home tomorrow.

I enjoyed this so much, I anticipate I'll probably do another give away when my page hits 700 likes (hint, hint)  (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!