Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Leaving Purr Prints: The First "Surprise Me!" Commission

"Leaving Purr Prints"  6 1/2" x 9" Acrylic on wooden board.




Prints and other merchandise available here.

Yea!  She got it today, so now I can talk about it!

I happen to know that she's a really big fan of cats, as well as the owner of two beauties (:

So I decided that for my first, "Surprise Me" commission, I would do a pet portrait:


The title of the piece comes from the quote:

"Cats Leave Purr Prints on Our Hearts Forever" --Kimberly Day

It's very subtle in the finished piece, but if you check out this progress picture it's more apparent:


The four paw prints in the corners are the same pattern (and mildly shaped like hearts) like the heart I put on the cat's hip (:

Then I sent it off in the mail to her, let her know her "Surprise Me!" Commission was on it's way-- and waited for her to get it.

So you might be wondering "What's a surprise me?"

AKA, the "Surprise Me" Commission (:

No hints or themes are allowed-- It's not in the gist of -this- particular offer, as part of the thrill is I don't know how much you're sending and you don't know what you're getting!

So I emailed her my address and she sent me a check for an amount I didn't know was coming, and this is what I made for her

--that she didn't know anything about until she opened it today.

My absolute favorite part was her posting the first picture and telling me that she loved it!

That's -exactly- what I hoped would happen (:

So if you're interested in getting your own surprise commission or commissioning a pet portrait, use the message tab on my main Wise Ramblings: The Art of Janin Wise page and send me a message and we'll see what I create for you (:

2 comments:

  1. I truly love it! I have four cats now and one no longer with me, so you may end up doing 4a more of these. Thank you so much for your beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!