Friday, May 3, 2013

Today, Our Heroine Ignores the Challenge and Creates Her Own...

So today's Marketing challenge is to add twenty new contacts to our mailing list...except that (being completely honest) I don't have time to create an email news letter to send out.  And the vast majority of the sign up emails I receive are (again, being completely honest) sent immediately to the trash so I don't have to filter through them to get to what I need to see.

Yes, about once a month, I go through it if I need a coupon for sewing patterns or it's time to get ready for a party and I need supplies from Oriental Trading company.  But otherwise, I'm content for the auto filter to just sweep them away.  And I'm willing to bet most of YOU feel the same way about your email.

So I've decided to make the executive decision to skip this one (;  That's one of the nice things about Leslie Saeta's challenges.  I don't -have- to do it.

Instead, I -will- tell you all the ways you can keep up with me, if you'd really like to!

First, you can follow my blog.  Off to the right ---------------------------------------------------------->
There's a "Subscribe To" widget.  Sign up and you'll never miss another one of my blogs (:

Second, you can "like" my page on facebook.  I post my own work, upcoming local events, world wide contests, other people's arts and crafts that are (quite frankly -awesome-), a bit of science, a touch of humor....(lol)  Like my blog, there's a reason it's all called "Wise Ramblings" (;

If you make sure to click "Get notifications", I'll show up in yours news feed.  If you like and comment on the things I post that strike your fancy, it lets me know the kinds of things you guys like to see.

I welcome and encourage you to take a stroll through my portfolio.  Like what makes you go "Ooo!"  Comment if you think it's beautiful, or interesting, or you love the colors, etc.-- if there is a piece that calls out to you-- I would love to know that!

Did you know I periodically ask questions?

I'm both a crafter and an artist and I understand that original artwork leans towards more expensive.  So I'm looking for suggestions on less expensive things that I could offer.  You can select from the existing choices, or possible even help me brains storm for something I've yet to consider!

I'm also planning my next series for fantasy creatures! And I would love to know: What's your favorite?

It's also the exclusive way to participate in my "Surprise Me!" commission (:

Third, I'm on twitter!  Just do a search for Wise Ramblings (no space between the two) or my name and you're sure to find me.  I have it set to automatically share what I post on my facebook page, but I also post to it great retweets, as well as original blurbs that aren't anywhere else.  (At some point in the future, I'm considering using it for exclusive sales!)

Fourth, you can find me on DeviantArt.  I also post my artwork there if you're not a big fan of facebook.  You can learn a bit more about me in the bio blurb.  Plus, you can take a stroll through the awesome stuff that's made it's way into my favorites (:

Fifth, you can check out the original art that I have for sale at Etsy.  I -always- ship via Priority mail, with tracking and insurance.  If you're curious, give my about me section a look!

Sixth, if you love my art but my originals are out of your price range, you can purchase prints in a variety of sizes, framed prints, and a plethora of other goodies at Society6.  They offer such high quality products and have given me such good customer services.  I adore their totes.  And it's awesome that they offer iphone, tablet and laptop covers.

You can also browse through the the pieces by other artists that I've promoted and see the artists that I follow.

Seventh, you can find me on Pinterest.  My portfolio is there, but there's also a wealth of steampunk and historical/ costuming resources, art activities for kids, delightfully delicious recipes, a solid romp through what I find funny ....and good deal of zombies/book references/sci-fi/fantasy.

At last count, I had over 3,600 pins.  Enjoy them!

And

Eighth, you can find me on Google+.  I'm not on there quite as frequently, and I repost my blog.  But I also go through and share posts that are only available on Google+.  Just do a search for my name (:


And all of that, right there (plus working a day job, taking care of my family, and making new art) is why I don't have time to start an email news letter (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!