Friday, March 14, 2014

100 Days of Happy - Day 7

So today had a lot to compensate for:  I woke up sick.  (Sore throat, coughing and all the ick that indicates it is NOT, in fact, allergies.)

There was a debit card incident.  (How. The. Hell. So this morning, I stopped at Wal-Mart, pulled my debit card from my wallet...and it was declined. Stopped to get gas just now and it was declined again. Called my bank and gave the card # because there's no reason my account should be declining...and he tells me it's the wrong card. So I look at it. REALLY. Look. At. It. ...Brittney Chiney, I have no idea who you are or how on earth I ended up with your debit card... a toss of my wallet showed that I ALSO had mine. I advised the gentleman who was helping me to cancel her card (and not mine), then I cut it up (also not mine). Seriously. NO. Idea.) 

My youngest's dog has recently started jumping the fence and chewing things up. (She devoured over half of the stuff for my oldest's upcoming birthday party in the box right after it was delivered to our front door, as well as the next book I'm supposed to be reading for my bookclub.  She's got a palate with a decided bent for cardboard and laundry.)

 So I went to work, face masks, mucinex and antihistamine in tow (that's why I needed to stop at Wal-Mart) long enough to make sure my calendar and email were in order.  It was actually a little bit funny with everyone in their masks to make sure they didn't get my new found ick. AND I got to have a piece of pistachio cake for my unofficial UN-Birthday celebrating one year at my job (:  Before I was soundly sent home to rest.  Workday: 50 minutes.

Came home and got a seriously good nap.  And the emergency reorder of replacement supplies placed two days ago for the party came in today.  Woohoo!

(Did I mention boyo wanted a zombie themed birthday party?)
And unexpectedly, so too did a SECOND copy of the book my dog ate!  Clearly the book club gods are looking out for me (:

SO looking forward to reading this!
All in all, it's been a day of ups and downs and strange little stories, but (outside of being sick), I like it (:

***UPDATE:  So as I drove to pick up my oldest from his first school dance, I figured out the mystery of my brief stint as a very bad thief!  And it's the least likely suspect of all:  My bank.  (lol)

I went there yesterday through the drive through to make a deposit--after sending my first round through the vacuum system, the drive through operator asked for my license.  So I sent it through as well.  She sent back my deposit slip, driver's license and ... the other person's debit card!  Ta-Da!  I didn't notice because I had briefly considered sending my debit card with my deposit slip, so I couldn't remember if I'd done it or not and didn't think anything of it...until today (:  Mystery solved!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!