Wednesday, April 2, 2014

National Poetry Month

So I just found out that April is National Poetry Month!  (How did I not already know this?!?)


That might explain why I'm feeling very poetic today!  So I'm going to give a go at making a poem a day for the month of April.  (And if the resulting poem is -really- bad, I'll also share one of my favorite poems from some else to help salve the wound of reading it (;  (so it's a win/win!))

Basorexia
by Janin Wise

My darling, my love,
I think of your lips:
Soft
Firm
Smooth
Warm
pressed against mine
and thrill to make thought reality.

For reality comes
with a heat
and urgency
mere thoughts cannot compare to.

My love, my light,
I imagine your kiss:
Gentle
Teasing
Urgent
Heated
your arms wrapped about me
pulling me close.

Encasing me in your masculinity,
both protection
and claiming,
and I know that I am yours
...and you know that you are mine.

My light, my husband,
I remember our embraces:
First
Tenth
Hundreth
Thousandth
Some full of tenderness
and others laughter.

But always
this remains constant:
I cannot get enough of your kisses
and look longingly
and delightedly forward
to the next, even as I savor the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!