Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Pet Peeve, The start of another challenge


Today, I decided I'd participate in #drawlloween.  It's been a while since my last month long creative participation, and I like the idea of this one.

I don't have long each day to create, so they're going to be quick.

So without further ado, I give you "My Pet Peeve" acrylic on watercolor paper. For day 1 of #drawlloween 's ghost (:

My Pet Peeve
by Janin Wise

He was descended
of Egyptian Gods,
But not too proud
to bring me murder presents
for my birthday.

He was my Peeve,
But never my poltergeist.

He kept me company
for sixteen years,
But was always as spry as a kitten.

And when his time came,
his body passed quickly,
But his spirit lingered.

Waiting for me
to find another fur baby
to snuggle,
to rescue,
to love.

Waiting for me
to be ready
to say goodbye.

And on that night,
he snuggled close one last time,
then gently padded away,
giving his warm spot to our new cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!