Friday, May 6, 2016

Thirty Day Writing Challenge: Day 5, A Place I Would Live But Have Never Visited

A place I would live but have never visited...

When I was a child, my mother was in the Army.  I grew up hearing 'Home is where the Army send you', but believing 'Home is where you hang your curtains'. 

We got used to making home wherever we were currently assigned.

Growing up semi transient, most military brats develop a wanderlust, whether they join themselves, move frequently on their own, or just rearrange their homes more often than most.

As an adult, I quickly realized that 'where' matters much less to me than 'who'.

As long as it is in good company, I could live (If only for a short while) anywhere. 

But given my druthers, I am entirely happy where I currently am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!