Friday, May 6, 2016

Thirty Day Writing Challenge: Day 6, Someone Who Fascinates You and Why

Someone who fascinates me and why...

When something (or someone) fascinates me, I learn everything I can, because I want to know more.  Right now, at this very moment, there is no person I am fascinated by.  But I can respond to this in past and future tenses.

I was fascinated with Anne McCaffrey, Piers Anthony, Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Anne Maxwell...in respect that's two men and a trio of Annes, but that's purely incidental.  I loved (And still love) their books, their writing, their word choices.

I was fascinated by M.C. Escher and Albrecht Dürer, and the pieces they would create that required looking, and looking again, and looking a third time, and still seeing more, and still wanting to see more.

I was fascinated by Bruce Spiner, James Marsters, Leonard Nimoy, and other actors for their incredible character portrayals.  But with further research, I found myself even more fascinated with Gene Roddenberry, Steven Spielberg, Jim Henson, Joss Whedon - the minds that turned ideas into stories, into massive collaborations made tangible, visible reality.

I was fascinated by the most beautiful red headed boy I've ever seen, and again when he turned into the most beautiful red headed man I'd ever seen, and again when he said I do, and again when we became parents together, and again when silver started sneaking into that beautiful red hair, only making him seem more distinguished, and I'm sure I will again when the sunlight catches the green of his eyes and the crinkle of his smile, or the warmth of his laugh surrounds me like a comforting blanket...But right now, he's asleep, and snoring, and mundane, and comfortable, and it's a nice counterpoint to fascination, because fascination is exciting and thrilling and new, but life needs balance and the quiet, boring, humdrum is just as welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!