Monday, June 6, 2016

Thirty Day Writing Challenge, Day 18: Your Favorite Color and Why

Today, my favorite colors are black, red, yellow, green, blue, orange, purple, blue, silver and red.  Did I say red twice?  I did (:  I like it just a little bit more than the other ones.

In fact, I wore all these colors...and matched my umbrella today!

Because really icky weather makes me want to wear bright and sunny things to cheer myself up through the dreary.

And because I don't really have a favorite color.  My children are used to me saying, "My favorite color today is..." and my youngest has made it a game to try to guess, as the color I've got a preference for tends to feature prominently in the outfit of the day.

But I really did match my umbrella when I went out in the rain this afternoon (:  It's black with polka dots in all those colors-- and my dress is black with swirling patters in all those colors.

It made me laugh.  And the cashier at the bank told me I was like a breath of springtime in all the bad weather (:

And if that isn't a recipe for having a great rainy Monday, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!