Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Thirty Day Writing Challenge, Day 26: Things You'd Say to an Ex


Things I'd say to an ex:

How have you been?  What have you been up to?

(I'm fb friends with the vast majority of my exes, and that's exactly how the conversations started, regardless of which one of us started it.)

On an amusing aside, my kids once asked me about 'before Dad'- and wanted to know every boy I'd dated previously.  So I told them about the past and showed them how those men are doing in the present:  That I celebrate their victories and milestones, wish them happy birthday, enjoy seeing their vacations or kids growing up, and worry for them when things are rough- because we're still friends.

My husband is still friends with his exes as well.

We've been together for 18+ years.

Our exes are a lifetime ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!