Sunday, September 11, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge: September 2016, Day 11: "Leaves on the World Tree: Bihari Peepal" Study


I absolutely loved the background on this one today.  I played with the plastic wrap again.




Love the geometric feel of the first layer!  But for this series, that's still too much white, so I added an additional couple of layers and then began adding the Peepal leaves and figs.  The oldest documented human planted tree is a Peepal, also called the Sacred Fig, and was planted in 288 BC, making it 2,304 years old.


Because of the brightness of the yellow, I actually needed four layers of white for each leaf today.


I like that the leaves on the bottom wrap around the edge of the painting on this one.


My handy dandy 5/0 brush as I was working on the leaves.  I continued my use of the number seven in the number of figs and the total number of leaves to represent spiritual awakening and the collective consciousness.

The eleventh leaf on my world tree is the Bihari Peepal.

"Leaves on the World Tree: Bihari Peepal" Study
by Janin Wise
3" x 3 " acrylic on minicanvas

FIND PRINTS AND OTHER MERCHANDISE HERE


2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!