Thursday, September 8, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge: September 2016, Day 7: "Leaves on the World Tree: Bamars Padauk" Study



Sometimes, real life gets priority over painting, and that was yesterday, so it turned out that I was back to doing two paintings in a single day.  (And to be honest, I kind of like it because then I can experiment with all the rainbows at once!)

Today, I wanted to try straight(ish) lines going across diagonally.  And I wanted to start with yellow.

In the middle of painting it, I decided I wanted to end it with yellow as well.  But I also wanted to try playing with the plastic wrap again:


And what it looked like after I removed it:


Love the textural feel of this!  But for this project, its too much white, so I corrected it, but still managed to maintain some of the texture.  Then I started painting day 7, the padauk.

This tree flowers right around the time the Myanmar people celebrate the lunar new year and the Thingyan festival-- and the flowers are yellow.  It pleased me that the rainbow I chose for it would feature so much of this color!

As I've done with each of the other pieces, I focused on the number seven, representing spiritual awakening and the collective consciousness, done on a background of rainbow colors as a bridge to the world tree, so there are seven leaves, seven blooming flowers, and 2 sets of seven buds waiting to blossom.

The seventh leaf on my world tree is the Bamars Padauk:

"Leaves on the World Tree: Bamars Paduak" Study
by Janin Wise
3" x 3"  acrylic on minicanvas


CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE PRINTS AND OTHER MERCHANDISE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!