Sunday, February 5, 2017

Leaves on the World Tree: Brahui Juniper



Did you know that Balochistan is home to some of the oldest Juniper trees in the world?  I've previously mentioned the Zairat Juniper Forest, but they also grow in the Bolan Hills.

This week, I decided to go back to rows of color, and tried out larger salt:


And decided to pair it with cling wrap to draw pools of color as well:


After it had dried, it was ready for the next two layers of color:


Even though I'm left handed, I splatter right handed (:


The finished background:


The juniper is actually Juniperus macropoda, which is native to northern and central Balochistan in western Pakistan, and southeastern Afghanistan.

Like my previous pieces, the plants are painted in all white.  There are seven juniper berries, representing spiritual awakening & the collective consciousness, surrounded by juniper needles, on a background of rainbow colors as a bridge to the world tree.

The twenty fourth leaf in my world tree series, aimed at showing that we are ALL leaves on the same world tree:

"Leaves on the World Tree: Brahui Juniper"
by Janin Wise
3" x 3" acrylic on mini canvas

Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!