Sunday, March 19, 2017

Preparing for MidSouthCon 2017: Wee Folk



Midsouth Con is one of my all time favorite conventions, and it's getting ready to happen in Memphis next weekend!

I'll have several pieces available in the artist's alley (for the second time!), and this year, I decided I wanted to make a small series specifically for the con.

And when I mean small, I'm being literal-- each mixed media painting/ drawing is only 2.5" x 3.5"!

I started with preparing the backgrounds with acrylic washes:



 Then, I went over with white acrylic for subtle patterns:



And here are the twelve fairies that will be making their debut at MidsouthCon 2017 as my "Wee Folk Series":

"Making Friends" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Making Wishes" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Is It Sunrise Already?" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Pleasant Surprise" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Taking a Wee Nap" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Having a No Good, Very Bad Day" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Contemplation or Worry?" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Sheer Delight" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Day Dreaming" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"A Case of the Giggles" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Everyone Loves Fall" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store

"Dropping In To Say Hi" by Janin Wise
2.5" x 3.5" acrylic and pen and ink on watercolor paper
Prints and other merchandise available at my society6 store
But if you're interested in a chance to get one of the originals-- Hope to see you in Memphis 3/24 - 3/26!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!